Saturday, November 30, 2013

We're Here!

We flew down on Thursday, American Thanksgiving, and you know what? It wasn't nearly as hairy as we had expected. Apparently the day before was the hairy day. Due to a fortuitous twist, Sr. B and I ended up with 3 seats to ourselves. Other than being an hour late leaving from our home airport, the entire trip was uneventful, just the way we like. We arrived at the condo about 11. Maybe it was 11:30. I was too tired to make a note of the exact time.

Yesterday, Friday, was spent getting settled in. Neighbour Liz was going into Merida and asked if we wanted to join her. She had to stop at Scotiabank...was that ok? Heck yeah! We also had to go to Scotiabank, to pay our fideicomiso. How lucky for us that we were able to take care of that our first day here! We set it up to be automatically charged to our credit card so now we don't have to worry about getting to the bank every year.

Liz took us to a grocery store where we stocked up on a few days worth of grub. The first grocery run of our stays always makes me cringe a bit. It's costly re-stocking from zero.

The evening was spent at Liz's, visiting and catching up over a few drinks.

Today, I went to the state fair with several neighbours. I see the name Xmatkuil but I haven't figured out, yet, if that's the name of the town/city or of the fair itself. Sr. B partied a bit too much last night and wasn't feeling up to coming along.

One of our party was also husband-less so the two of us decided to do some shopping instead of going to any shows. It was a lot of fun being able to do some girl shopping without having to worry about a bored spouse.

I have some photos of the fair but I'll save those for another post.

Our internet is pretty patchy, so, for my readers at home, don't be alarmed if I don't post daily. I promise the bad guys haven't gotten hold of me...lol.

2 comments:

  1. I am sure you are enjoying the weather. Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brenda. Oh, yes...the weather, despite being a bit cooler than usual, is much better than back home!

    ReplyDelete

Comments posted anonymously, or with self-serving links, may be removed.