Monday, October 26, 2015

Adios, My Friend

We arrived to our condo safe and sound despite the awful turbulence near Houston, thanks to the winds from Hurricane Patricia. The up and down roller coaster ride was bad enough but the worst was when the wind caught the underneath of the wing and lifted the plane sideways. I thought the plane was going to flip over. I've never been so scared in all my life.

Today was Liz's funeral. It's still hard to believe she's gone. I keep expecting her to show up at the front door with her cheery "Hola!" and a dish of food. She was an amazing cook and often stopped by with some delicious creation.

Liz was like the big sister I never had. I will miss her humour, her wisdom, her knowledge and her devil-may-care attitude. Liz treated everyone with love and respect. She was very giving, never expecting anything in return. I learned much from her about life in Mexico and life in general.

RIP dear, sweet Liz. I will miss you forever.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. It's difficult to lose friends and family and now that you have two sets, one in the U.S. and in Mexico it's double. We are lucky to have double the love and friendship in our lives <3 bless us when it comes time to grieve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words, Gringa. You're so right. Double the love but, in time, double the pain.

    ReplyDelete

Comments posted anonymously, or with self-serving links, may be removed.