Saturday, November 26, 2011

Did Some Decorating

Today we got the rug hung on the wall. We have a very long wall that has nothing to break up the expanse. No light switches, no corners. Nothing. And with the walls being 9 feet high, we have a huge area to try to cover. The rug hangs longer than it does wide so it fills up a good deal of vertical space. It looks good. I still have a lot of space to fill in the kitchen area of that wall, but that'll come.

We also hung the picture that Theresa gave me. I put it on the short wall between the washroom and our bedroom. You can see it almost as soon as you walk into the condo. That area needed a bold splash of colour and the painting is perfect there.

I might have to go back to see the dentist. My guard is really tight against my front teeth. When I took it off this morning, my teeth felt like they'd been hyper-extended all night. It wasn't until late this afternoon that they felt normal. I have an appointment Monday afternoon. If the guard softens up and stops hurting by then, I can cancel my appointment. I'm really hoping I don't have to go back. I'd rather be spending my last few days at the pool than in the city.

Tonight we went for supper with S&D who live upstairs. We went to Casa on the Malecon, the same place we went to with Marc. We had heard that they offered more than just fish, so we asked. They have chicken cordon bleu and something else that I missed the name of. They're not on the menu, though. You have to ask for them. I had the chicken and it was very good.

I would have liked to have gone down to the town square to check out the action. I've heard that there's almost always something going on there on Saturday nights. But everyone else was tired and, since I didn't want to go by myself, I came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments posted anonymously, or with self-serving links, may be removed.