Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Painful Day

I sunburned a bit more than I had realized, the other day, so I've stayed out of the sun as much as possible since then.

My mouth has been in excruciating pain today. It comes and goes but when it's here, I just want to rip my jaw off. Sometimes the pain is so sharp that it causes my upper body to have something similar to a mini convulsion. I figured it was just an after effect from yesterday's drilling so I toughed it out.

Tonight, I couldn't take it anymore so I went upstairs to see neighbour D. She tried to call the dentist but there was no answer. She's going to try again in the morning and ask if he can see me in a day or two. She thought I might need a root canal. omg. I hope not.

Between the mild pain on my shoulders from the sunburn and the horrendous pain in my mouth that just sucked the life out of me, I didn't do too much today.

4 comments:

  1. oh no! I hope she is wrong!
    regards,
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Theresa. I'm doing much better today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb,
    Last year I discovered lotion Hempz(enriched with 100% Pure Organic Hemp Seed Oil) works great for sunburn. Eventhough I had put on sunblock, I had "baked" my back picking seashells. I had my sister put the lotion without expecting anything, I had no pain/itching or peeling. Sorry, I don't have anything for your dental pain, except of course the natural form of hemp:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anon, I'll have to take a look for that. Thanks for the tip. I used aloe gel that I keep in the fridge and that seems to have done the trick. I'm only peeling a little bit. My bad for not wearing sunscreen that day. A redhead should know better.

    Hahaha re the hemp. Sr B kept saying the same thing. lol

    ReplyDelete

Comments posted anonymously, or with self-serving links, may be removed.