Saturday, March 23, 2013

Another Toasty Day

Today was unbelievably hot. Our thermometer said 38C in the shade. We heard it was 47C in Merida. I know it's hotter in the city but 47 just doesn't sound right.

We stayed home during the day. Sr B spent much of the afternoon the at the pool. I'm still nursing that sunburn so I stayed inside and did a bit of housework. It started peeling today so now I'm itchy.

A bunch of us went down to the Yakunah again and I'm still questioning whether or not there was any alcohol in my pina coladas. I don't think I'm going to order them anymore. Supper was delicious and the live band played a lot of music from the 50's and 60's.

I finally figured out that my trip to the dentist aggravated my TMJ issues. My jaw is stiff in the mornings. It takes me a few stretches to be able to open my mouth enough to eat breakfast. It's uncomfortable all day and I have a constant headache that runs down my temple to my jaw joint. I remember these symptoms when it was bothering me many years ago but it's been so long that I had forgotten.

There's a bleeping mosquito in the condo and it's decided that I'm on the menu tonight. Canadian mosquitoes prefer Sr B's blood. Mexican mosquitoes prefer mine. It's weird. Anyways, I'm sitting here armed with a fly swatter and a can of Raid. That thing WILL die before I go to bed.

HA! I just got it. Victory is mine!!!

Oh crap. Spoke too soon. There's another one.

2 comments:

  1. I hate mosquito! Carlos is bothered by them so much more than I am. I have armed us with cans of Deep woods off which a friend swears by for the mexican mosquito....I have also bought more cutters and one of those mosquito rackets. We are getting mosquito screen put on our house and come December we hope to be good to go! You should try a hot water bottle or heating pad on your jaw...it helps my sister who has TMJ problems..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pat, I've found Autan to be very effective. It smells so toxic, how can it not be? I use it when we're out but I don't like to go to bed with that smell on me.

    We don't have a hot water bottle or heating pad here at the condo. I should bring one next trip. Thanks for that tip. My jaw feels much better than yesterday so it's coming. It'll just take time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments posted anonymously, or with self-serving links, may be removed.