Saturday, March 30, 2013

Marc Comes to Visit

Marc drove out from Merida today to have lunch with us. It was so nice to see him again.

We visited here at the condo for a bit and then made the trek uptown, destination...Sol y Mar. Sr B and I hadn't been there before but it came highly recommended by several folks here at the complex so we thought we'd give it a try. We only knew that it was on C78 and across from Niplito, but we didn't know where Niplito was. We ended up driving past it and had to get turned around so we could park near it.

We ended up all the way at the malecon. omg! I've never seen so many people at the beach! We'd been told that it was wall-to-wall at Easter time but this is our first Easter here and we were just gobsmacked at how many people there were.

We finally got parked and walked a couple of blocks to the restaurant. Sol y Mar is just a little hole-in-the-wall type of restaurant. Inside, the seating capacity can't be more than about 8 or 10. There were also a few small tables outside on the sidewalk. I didn't take note of how many there were but they fit 2 people each and I think there were 4 of them.

Menus are available in both Spanish or English. I had the chicken cordon bleu, Sr B had a fish stuffed with shrimp and other seafood and Marc had garlic fish. Portions were very generous and all of us found our meals to be delicious.

Marc introduced us to limonada con agua mineral. What a wonderful, refreshing drink! I think this may become my usual beverage instead of coke.

Our 3 meals, a coke, 2 limonadas and a Sol came to 350 pesos which we felt was reasonable. Maybe that's a lot for Mexico. I don't know. Sr B and I always compare costs to what it would be up north and, up north, the bill would have been much more. I didn't take any pictures of our meals. I always feel weird doing that.

After lunch, we came back to the condo for a bit more visiting, introducing Marc to a few of our neighbours who were out in the walkway.

We had a great visit with Marc and hope to see him again when we come back in November.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments posted anonymously, or with self-serving links, may be removed.